12 September, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire #2

I don't know where this questionnaire came from, but many SP11 participants have posted it, so here I go.

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
My j-shaped cable needle.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Yes. Actually I hadn't touched a knitting needle in a year when i impulse purchased a knitting book, needles, and enough yarn for a large sweater on vacation. Although yarn is squishy, I wouldn't recommend doing that while backpacking in Europe. As far as what type of project i would take? I a not sure, probably a sweater, that would last me the entire trip.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Gaaaah, I only get one. No I am picking three. My latest favourite US locale is Charleston. Overseas, it is tied between northern Wales and Paris. They are tooo different to say one is better than the other.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
I am really enjoying the Pure Wool Collection by Rowan, and i do own it. I know this isn't a book, but i would love to own all the patterns from Zephyr Style.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
This American Life. Ira Glass is my hero. I saw him live once and have never laughed that hard.

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
Hrmm,the bottle green merino that i have been using lately. I have stopped and started a zillion sweaters with this same yarn and i have yet to get sick of it, so i guess thats a good sign.

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
It depends on the mistake. If you have noticed my last posts, i have to rip stuff out a lot.

8. Where is the most unusual spot you've ever knit?
I like to knit at my local pub. I They actually have quite good food and it is a nice place to get a beer and a good sandwich after work. I am not sure if this is a strange place compared to other knitters, but the other patrons seem to be startled by someone knitting.

No comments: