26 September, 2007

I am a lemming.


I joined the rest of the knitting world. And i was quite a bit late, too. This weekend on my tour of the Yarn Market, I bought some Fiesta Ballet in the Morocco colourway. It is for my new Clapotis. I think i am the last person to start this project. I am making with the ballet yarn on size 5 turbos. Obviously that is a smaller yarn than the pattern calls for. The gauge is a bit loose but it makes a nice drapey fabric. It will be a nice shawl. I think it will be a Christmas gift for my grandma, she will like the colours. The yarn is an Alpca/Tencel blend and is quite slippery. I read that you cant use too fuzzy of a yarn cause the stitches wont drop, but my yarn is almost too slippery.


The project is going well. I have gotten to the second section and am having fun dropping stitches. Officially it is back on hold until I finish some other projects that are further along.

In other news...

I got in to Ravelry! (this seems like i am the last knitter on earth again!) I have started my notebook and stash and queue. If anyone would like to come visit me my user name is Stanzi.

No comments: