06 August, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I particularly like alpaca and alpaca blends. I will work with any natural fiber. I am in love with all Debbie Bliss yarns. Out of natural fibres, i tend to use more wools than cottons or linens. I don't like acrylic blends but have had to resort to it sometimes. eww.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a pouch for my dpns and circulars. I am not so good at organizing my straight needles. They sit in a vase in my kitchen. That is on the (large) list of things to do.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My mom taught me when i was 12 but i did not really pick it up again until i was in high school. I think i am an intermediate. I'm not sure.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender. I like herbal scents, not a big fan of sweet or floral scents. I hate vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes! My favorite candy is Baci. They are from Italy.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I knit, dabble in sewing, and crochet some. I have tried spinning but it didn't work out so well. I also have woven (on a public loom, i don't own one) but i haven't had time to go to the arts center lately. I subscribe to Readymade Magazine and sometimes even complete a project.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Alternative indie pop, I think thats a genre, that is the closest i can describe my music. Stephen Malkmus, Elliott Smith, Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Amy Winehouse, Cure. I love mp3s and am an ipod freak.

9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I have been on a green kick lately. I am not a big fan of orange, yellow, or pink. i also rarely use varigated yarn. i know thats boring but i dont like the look in sweaters. I dont use much more than a tweed. In socks striping yarns are great, and i already have some favourites picked out for when i venture towards that (click here, here and here), but in the meantime solids for my sweaters and accessories. (plus, i heart cables, and i think they look best with a nice plain colour)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single and live alone. I looove dogs but am not allowed to have one in my current apartment. My parents have a dog which i still consider partly mine.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to knit small accessories and sweaters. I am not a sock knitter.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am working on a capelet from Wrap Style, a sweater from Sublime, Glee from Zephyr Style, and mystery gift. (i am not sure if the person recieving the gift reads my blog, but you cant be too careful.)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular. Bamboo and Addis.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but my mom lives nearby and owns both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years, but it is stalled for technical reasons.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! I love giving presents. It is one of my specialties.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I am a bibliophile. My apartment is too small for knickknacks, and probably is too small for my stash.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have anay knitting subscriptions but i love any rowan or debbie bliss patterns. I am still debating if i want to spend the money on Fitted Knits. I also really really want to make the Katharine Hepburn Cardigan from Lace Style and the Log Cabin afghan and Mitred Afghan from mason dixon knitting. I guess im too cheap to buy a whole book for one pattern.

***update. my mom said she wanted to make some patterns in fitted knits too, so i broke down and bought it. but with my borders coupons it came to only $11.09!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I haven't tried entrelac before. Mostly because it is a bit far down on the projects list.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope. I wear a size nine. Is that what sock knitters need? I might be tempted to try them if some sock yarn showed up mysteriously (wink wink) but so far, nothing.

23. When is your birthday?
November 3rd. sometimes i get crappy presidents for my birthday.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am still waiting for my invite, but i am pretty far down on the list.

No comments: