27 August, 2007

Frustration...


I am the worst knitter ever. But first, the weekend.

This weekend was especially relaxing, but it is sad to think it is the last weekend of the season. Next weekend i wont be able to make it to the lake, so i made the most out of this weekend. As you can see from the pictures, it was especially beautiful, once the tornadoes passed. There was lots of knitting on the dock, and zoe helped a bunch. The weekend was then capped off with a CAPA Summer Movie viewing of Charade at the Ohio Theatre. Who doesn't love Cary Grant!?

As far as projects go the weekend wasn't as nice. My conclusion is, i am the worst knitter ever! Why do i have a knitting blog? I am more than a little frustrated. I had a very long wip that i had put down because a. i don't think it would have fit me and b. by the time i got back to it, my gauge was completely different. So i ripped it out and started Glee from Zephyr Style. I modified the pattern a little with the help of the Yarn Store Lady thinking i would be ok. Everything was going fine, until i got to the point where i could try my raglan sweater on. It was huuuge. and it was soo big that going one size smaller would still be too big. Argh, that is what i get for modifying a pattern. I have cast on a new sweater using the same yarn, and it is very intricate. It is Gilda, from the Rowan Pure Wool DK book. i am already frustrated with it. I hope it gets more repetitive as i get used to the pattern, but right now it is difficult and tedious. I am mostly having issues with the knit/purl into the back loop direction. It isn't a difficult direction, it is just not very intuitive for my fingers. it is not going smoothly. It is pretty though!

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

Oh man! Those pics of the lake weekend look awesome!

That stinks about Glee. I've been there many times before. I usually just toss it aside and move on to something else. Maybe you'll pick Glee up again?

Gilda looks beautiful! Wow!
Jill