29 October, 2007

Presents!


I got presents in the mail. Its almost like its my birthday or something! (tee hee it almost is my birthday actually.) There was yarn and bath mitts and lotion and bath salts and yarn oh my! The body products are from Etsy and smell yummy. They are on my nightstand right now and I can smell them before I go to bed, and when I first wake up.

The yarn is delicious, it is Berrocco Ultra Alpaca. I am pretty sure that my secret pal is psychic (or a stalker) cause I have this yarn on my wish list at my LYS. And guess what my LYS also has: more yarn in the same dye lot! I am not sure how this happens cross country, but I was amazed. I bought more yarn and now I am making Something Red from Knit and Tonic. I hope my pal doesn't mind that I bought more of the yarn. I am soo excited that I got yarn on my wish list. Yay.

Also, while I was watching the Sox (YAY) sweep and win the world series I cast off my Tahki Vest. I will make a special post for it when it is properly photographed and blocked. I also was a bad kid and bought some lace weight Zephyr to make Muir from the fall Knitty. It will be my first foray into lace. At least lace that is lace sized, does a chunky weight afghan count? I made a gauge swatch and it turned out beautiful, but it took a lot of concentration. I think I will wait to cast on until I have my Christmas presents finished and have time to concentrate and knit at the same time. Ick, knitting I actually have to pay attention to. At least it will be something different.

No comments: