30 October, 2007

Finished! Tahki Cabled & Ribbed Vest


Tahki's Donegal Tweed Cabled and Ribbed Vest from the Tweed Collection

I saw this pattern as a sample at my LYS and immediately had to have it. I used my leftover Cascade Eco Wool from the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I think I used just under 2 skeins, about 950 yds. I used size 8 needles. It was an enjoyable knit and I hope to make it again when I find a proper recipient. This one is for me. I would like to play with the cable pattern on the front and perhaps do something more creative on the back. The back is just reverse stockinette.

I wanted to wait until I could photograph some action shots but I cant get the stupid thing to dry! That is what i get for a full wet block on aran/bulky yarn rather than just my normal spray block. So for now you just get to see my blocking picture. If it is not significantly drier when I get home from work today I am going to have to move it to next to my furnace.

2 comments:

Knitterella said...

Beautiful work! Really nice.

Look forward to seeing it seamed!

K said...

Very nice!