08 October, 2007

Finished! Hemlock Ring Blanket



This is the mystery project. Finished in 3 weeks flat! I knitted this for my best friend Shannon, it was her wedding gift. I have been showing it off around town but unable to post until Shannon opened it.

It is the Hemlock Ring Blanket designed by Jared over at Brooklyn Tweed. I used 1.5 skeins of Cascade Eco Wool in shade 8010. It is natural with little wisps of black. Like Breyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Being the world's loosest knitter, i used size 9 needles. I went one pattern repeat past where Jared did and the blanket ended up about 4.5 feet across. Other than that there were no pattern modifications. This is actually Shannon's second wedding afghan, i started one of the colinette afghans, got about 75% done and decided i didn't like how it was turning out. I have to frog it but i used mohair in a couple of stripes and we all know how much fun mohair is to frog.

5 comments:

Knitterella said...

That is gorgeous!!! I love it! I've had my eye on this pattern - it's perfect for wedding, baby too!

Great job!
Jill

Lara said...

I'm working on this blanket, too, and am at the point where I have close to 400 stitches on the needles.... and it's so BORING - but I'm sure it will be great once I get it done. I'm thinking maybe a baby version for my soon to be born neice/nephew if I get through this one made of ecowool. :)

BethM said...

It looks beautiful! You did a wonderful job.
Beth

LittleWit said...

That's a very pretty blanket. ...and into my queue it goes. :)

Unknown said...

I think you made a beautiful pattern and what a perfect wedding gift. I am working on one myself just to have and because I never made a lace anything other than a scarf. I am really struggling with the chart, do you have any advice for someone struggling?