03 December, 2007

Yarn Diets Suck

I am on a yarn diet. It started on November 12th and i have not bought yarn since then. Yay Me! For those of you who know me, this is impressive, i have issues with resisting impulse purchases. Thanks to Jenny and Nicole, my new favourite people. I have been listening to the podcast Stash and Burn. it is one of the most excellent things ever. I know i am a little late to the party, but everyone who hasnt already seen it should check it out. Yarn and patterns and silliness abound. Plus Jenny says Yaaaay like i do. And she is recorded and broadcast around the world.

Back to the yarn diet. The rules of the yarn diet are as such:

I am not allowed to buy yarn for myself until... we are not sure when. The goal, I hope, is my summer vacation, aka a 2-week yarn binge. However if i actually run out of viable project yarn, meaning there is enough for a sweater or reasonably sized project, I can buy yarn. Two more exceptions, all yarn that i special ordered before the start of the project don't count as cheating, including my new yarn club that i signed up for 3 weeks before the yarn diet start. And yarn purchased for other people does not count. This is yarn that is bought as a gift in yarn form, not yarn to knit a gift. Which turns out might be a problem. Hopefully, it will resolve itself around Christmas, but i have found that i am buying others yarn that i lust after. My best friend is getting Lavender Malabrigo for Christmas, and my mom is getting 2 skeins of Arucan Ranco Multi. So there are the Yarn Diet Rules. At least the ones i have thought of. Thank you for listening, i needed to state them somewhere publicly.

Happy december again! By the way the lack of pics is due to the Christmas Knitting. If all else fails, blame Christmas.

No comments: