17 July, 2007

armed with pointy sticks

I like to knit. i am very bad about finishing projects though. Right now i am being very good and only have 3 projects on needles. that is not to say that i haven't bought yarn for many more projects, and bought patterns for even more. I hadn't been knitting in almost 2 years, but while we were on vacation (uk rocks) i impulse purchased a pattern and yarn for a sweater. it is going quite well and i am almost done with the back. in the meantime, i have started 5 other projects. But, i have managed to finish 2 of them! Yay. (and one got ripped out)

I am not the most advanced knitter out there. i am actually not very good. i impress my friends, but that is not saying much. I can usually figure out most patterns that you throw at me but i also make mistakes. Does that make sense? I am also not a big 2-colour knitter. I haven't figured out how not to get the skeins tangled.

Currently i am working on a basket-weave shawl sweater, the mystery project, and the cabled turtleneck capelet from WrapStyle. The basket weave sweater is made out of a wool blend that i bought in York, but it feels quite nice and it is machine washable. I am making it out of a khaki-esque colour. The capelet is made out of berocco peruvia yarn in caliente. You cant tell on the website but the coulour has threads of blue in it giving it a purpleish sheen. I love it.

No comments: